Product DescriptionThis motor automatically opens and closes your chicken coop door on a time schedule you set.
Simply plug the Chicken Coop Motor into a lamp timer switch and it protects your hens and eggs, and saves you valuable time every day.Features:
- Includes motor, mounting hardware, AC-DC Adapter, lift-cable, and illustrated instructions.
- Works similar to a fishing reel. A reversible motor with adjustable stop settings stops door at open and closed positions you set. No counter-weight needed.
- Motor can lift and lower a door up to 4 pounds, with door openings up to 25 inches. If your door swings open, you can convert it to vertical lift by installing it in side-channels.
- Plug-in ready to your lamp timer switch or X10 controller.
- You decide what time your chicken coop door opens and closes – thereafter it is automatic!
- Sleep a little later. The D20 opens the door each morning allowing your chickens to feed or free-range on their own.
- If you arrive home late, or if the weather is so poor that you can not attend your coop on-time, relax because chickens will enter the coop about the same time every day, and the D20 automatically closes the door at the time you set.
- You can also set multiple door openings and closings each day. This can benefit you in several ways. It enhances egg production by exposing hens to longer periods of daylight by preventing them from re-entering the coop too soon. It can foil small predators such as mice and snakes that sneak in to steal eggs after your hens are out. And, it can manage heat inside the coop.
- Raccoons, foxes, dogs, cats, coyotes, etc. eventually give up and go elsewhere.
"I can leave my chickens for the weekend and not worry." Steve, Vermont
"My chickens make a ruckus if I don't open the door on time, and then my neighbors complain. My problem is I can't get up at that hour because of my schedule. I really appreciate the good sleep that I now get because of this motor." Cindy, California
"My husband gave it to me as a gift. I thought it was silly but now I'd never give it up." Robin, Texas
"Nice product … saves me time … and I don't lose sleep wondering if I closed the door." Jack, Missouri
"I don't lose chickens and eggs to varmints like I used to. Motor paid for itself in a few months." Meg, Oregon
Manuals for Add-a-Motor
Unavailable/discontinued items are listed below for your reference.