SensorPlug is a Motion Activated Plug-in Electrical Outlet. Its plug-in design eliminates wiring and associated expenses common to other motion activated products. The passive infrared (PIR) motion sensor used in this product offers the convenience of controlling many household electrical products - not just lighting - by motion. In the “L” position, whatever is plugged into the SensorPlug’s outlet will turn ON when motion is detected and the ambient light level is low. In the “O” position, the SensorPlug’s outlet is energized whenever motion is detected regardless of the ambient light level. This feature allows SensorPlug to be used for controlling non-lighting fixtures such as a fan, a radio etc.
The PIR activates SensorPlug’s outlet when motion is detected and keeps devices ON for a pre-selected time based on the timer position. The timer resets to zero every time motion is detected within the time interval set by the timer setting, allowing you to keep electrical devices ON for as long as the room is occupied and motion is detected. Power to the SensorPlug’s outlet automatically turns OFF after the pre-selected time set by the timer if no motion is detected.
How it Works:
The SensorPlug features a slide switch which allows it to be used with lighting products or with non-lighting products. The switch positions are:
Timer, Fuse and Securing Tab:
- "L" Position: This position is for lighting products. In this mode, the SensorPlug will turns on the connected plug-in lighing when motion is detected only if the ambient light level is low.
- "O" Position: This position is for the non-lighting products. In this mode, the SensorPlug will turns on the connected appliance whenever motion is detected.
- Timer: Set timer to desired time ON time - can be anywhere from 2 - 6 minutes.
- Fuse: Fuse is located behind the cover. To replace the fuse, open cover, replace fuse and secure the cover. DO NOT USE WITHOUT FUSE COVER IN PLACE.
- Securing Tab: The tab below the ground pin allows securing to the wall plate. Remove wall plate screw and replace with longer screw provided.
- One SensorPlug
- One spare fuse
- One screw for securing to the wall plate